Meet the Staff
At Brackenhirst Kennels we have a team of staff with over 20 years personal experience in handling/owning/training dogs of all ages, and from small breeds to huge breeds to date. (Feel free to ask any questions). Below are just a few examples of qualifications and experience our team have proudly acquired:
- Owner/Manager has recently completed a Diploma in Kennel and Cattery Management to an excellent level which covered 6 comprehensive in-depth modules:
• Caring for dogs.
• Caring for cats.
• Health & hygiene.
• Companion animal first aid.
• Handling, restraint and carrying of animals in pain or distress.
• Environmental enrichment, Stress reduction and Bite avoidance.
- Owner/Manager has also completed a My Distance Dog Grooming Course.
- Team member(s) have experience including:
• 7 years employment within a boarding kennel establishment.
• Dog training (currently assists at a dog training school).
• Dog walking – multiple groups as well as one to ones.
• Voluntary work caring for animals at a country park alongside the keepers.
• NC in Animal Care.
• Dog Training Course.
• Microchip Licence with pet-detect (using chips registered with petlog)
• Assistant dog bather with over 7 years experience.
• 4 years experience in various aspects of dog grooming.